This is the fourth and final installment in a series of cartoons warning voters not to sign the Secure MI Vote petition.
The so-called “Secure MI Vote” petition currently being circulated puts barriers in the way of Michigan voters, particularly voters already vulnerable to disenfranchisement.
If you have ever locked yourself out of your house or your car, consider that this is exactly the kind of “security” this petition stands for.
Do not sign the petition!
Click image to open larger version in new window.
- McBroom, Edward, Lana Theis, Jeff Irwin, and John Bizon. “Report on the November 2020 Election in Michigan.” Michigan Senate Oversight Committee, 2020. (pdf)
- Freedom to Vote, Voters Not Politicians.
- Secure MI Vote petition language, September 2, 2021. (pdf)
All images are shared under a Creative Commons license, unless otherwise noted. Where required by license, changes to the image are noted.
- The “Stop the Steal” protestor is from a photo by Elvert Barnes. The figure was isolated from other protestors and background images.
- The photo of parent and child is from pxfuel.com.