This is the third in a series of cartoons warning voters not to sign the Secure MI Vote petition.
The so-called “Secure MI Vote” petition currently being circulated puts barriers in the way of Michigan voters, particularly voters already vulnerable to disenfranchisement.
If you have ever locked yourself out of your house or your car, consider that this is exactly the kind of “security” this petition stands for.
Do not sign the petition!
Click image to open larger version in new window.
- Oosting, Jonathan. “How Republicans Plan to Tighten Michigan Voting Laws, Evade Whitmer Veto.” Bridge Michigan, April 1, 2021.
- Freedom to Vote, Voters Not Politicians.
- “Michigan Manual 2009-2010.” Accessed October 18, 2021. See Chapter IX, pages 1-3, “How an Issue Becomes a Ballot Proposal.”
- Secure MI Vote petition language, September 2, 2021. (pdf)
All images are shared under a Creative Commons license, unless otherwise noted. Where required by license, changes to the image are noted.
- The photo of cyclists is “Alabama’s Coastal Connection – Cyclists Along the Eastern Shore Trail,” by Colette Boehm.
- The hand clutching the petition is by OCAL.
- The “Pure Michigan” logo on Dude Cyclist’s shorts is by pngset.com.
- The purple-suited V-for-vote figure is “SuperHeroine 4,” by rygle.
- The “I Voted” badge is from pikpng.com.