This is second in a series of cartoons warning voters not to sign the Secure MI Vote petition.
The so-called “Secure MI Vote” petition currently being circulated puts barriers in the way of Michigan voters, particularly voters already vulnerable to disenfranchisement.
If you have ever locked yourself out of your house or your car, consider that this is exactly the kind of “security” this petition stands for.
Do not sign the petition!
Click image to open larger version in new window.
- Oosting, Jonathan. “Michigan Clerks: Read Fine Print of Secure MI Vote. It Could Ban Volunteers.” Bridge Michigan, Oct. 12, 2021 edition. Accessed October 14, 2021.
- Freedom to Vote, Voters Not Politicians.
- Secure MI Vote petition language, September 2, 2021. (pdf)
All images are shared under a Creative Commons license, unless otherwise noted. Where required by license, changes to the image are noted.
- The County Clerk’s Office is really the Outer West Library entrance of Newcastle Libraries.
- The County Clerk is by AllGo – An App For Plus Size People, as is the photo on their ID badge.
- The ID badge is from pngitem.
- The petition circulator is by GeorgeLouis. The image was cropped and most of the background deleted.
- The frownie emoji is from Wikimedia Commons.