This is first in a series of cartoons warning voters not to sign the Secure MI Vote petition.
The so-called “Secure MI Vote” petition currently being circulated puts barriers in the way of Michigan voters, particularly voters already vulnerable to disenfranchisement.
If you have ever locked yourself out of your house or your car, consider that this is exactly the kind of “security” this petition stands for.
Do not sign the petition!
Click image to open larger version in new window.
- Oosting, Jonathan, and Mike Wilkinson. “What to Know about Secure MI Vote Initiative: Security or Suppression?” Bridge Michigan, September 23, 2021.
- Freedom to Vote, Voters Not Politicians.
- Secure MI Vote petition language, September 2, 2021. (pdf)
All images are shared under a Creative Commons license, unless otherwise noted. Where required by license, changes to the image are noted.
- Gold padlock is from clipartpng.
- Woman holding the clipboard and man arguing are by mohamed hassan.
- Pen is by clipartix.com.
- Campus scene is from piqsels.com.