Click each image to open a larger version in a new window.
Miscarriage, although frequent, is little talked about. When it is, there seems to be one mandatory script, the one in which any fetal loss is treated as that of a born child. While this feeling is as valid as any other, we all experience pregnancy loss differently. This cartoon shows another viewpoint.
Unless otherwise noted, all images are shared under a Creative Commons license.
- The title frame features an untitled photo by Erik Nielsen.
- Frame 2: Free Zoe Stock Photo, by Maria Paz Jimenez.
- Frame 3: untitled photo, by SweetMellowChill.
- Frame 4: pink phone image, by JESZ.
- Frame 5: 2096×1810 Sarah Forbes Art Napkin Sketch ~ Idolza.
- Frame 6: untitled photo, by jarmaluk, and Blood Clip Art, by LUIS BERMUDEZ.
- Frame 7: Serega (kitchen project), bySasha Kargaltsev. Photo has been flipped and cropped. Warning: original NSFW.
- Frame 8: Midwife Home Visit, by JCHaywire. Photo has been cropped, and a year (2003) was added to the notebook.
- Frame 9: Antenna Repairs, by JCHaywire. Photo has been cropped, and color was adjusted.
- Frame 10: Giraffe animal zoo, animals, no author listed.
- Frame 11: GALVESTON’S WEST BEACH ON THE GULF OF MEXICO DRAWS HUGE CROWDS–AND PROVIDES THE ENTERPRISING A CHANCE TO TURN A DOLLAR, by Blair Pittman. This photo is in the Public Domain.
- Frame 12: Calendar Clip Art, by OCAL.